Monday 26 September 2016

Collective Haul | Fashion.

We are all too familiar with that very beaut of a day formally known as payday and if you're anything like me you've more than likely spent it all. In all fairness ever since I got back from travelling I haven't really been able to spend any money so of course I made the most of my first disposable pay check. 

My partner Alex, and I had our first week off from work since we both started working which was primarily to redecorate his room. But we did manage to get out and about and do some shopping as well as a few date nights- my favourite. So, these are all the goodies I gathered within that week and a few pieces I have bought since pay day. Boy, it felt good to buy some new clothes.

Now, when it comes to shopping I have (thankfully) got out of the mindset of just buying what I like because I like it in that moment. I give items more of a thought now. Have any of you heard of the term 'capsule wardrobe'? Well, this is now my way of living. I ended up putting back so many items because I thought, 'will I wear this in 5 years time?' and the answer was more than likely no. In turn I also ended up saving money which is always great because it's money that can be spent on slightly more expensive pieces that I know I will still wear in 5 years time.  I tend to go for a lot more neutral colours now as well. 

On with the haul.

Firstly, this gorgeous pair of Kurt Geiger's. I have honestly wanted these shoes for the past 2 years and when I saw they had dropped from £160 to £79 I had to snatch them! A few weeks passed and my extremely generous partner offered to pay for them as a treat- isn't he a gem.


Next thing I picked up I got while I was at work. It's dangerous to work where I do because I'm surrounded by beautiful (expensive) things. I had had my eye on this Biba scarf for about 2 months and then it went into sale! So, of course I bought the beautiful peacock silk scarf for £10.50 down from £35! I also picked up a purse from the department I work on - DKNY. Another sale job £75 down to £31.50.



I was in need of a new pair of trainers as my vans now had holes in them. It was difficult to narrow down my options because so many brands have lush shoes on the market. Eventually I whittled it down to these gorgeous grey suede Adidas Gazelle's (£80) and a black pair of suede classic Puma's (£58). Another item I threw into my Asos order was a black Adidas sweatshirt (£40) as I don't actually own any lounge/casual wear. I quite like the look of a chilled outfit when you're popping out but without looking like you've just rolled out of bed.




During our shopping trip to Guildford I picked up a couple of things from Urban Outfitters and Mango. I found this beautiful soft grey turtleneck (£29) in UO. It's sooo soft and I love it, I had been after a grey turtleneck so this one was perfect (turtlenecks are my winter obsession). I also picked up a Boucle jacket (£49.99) from Mango perfect for work and dressing up an outfit. I also placed a UO order online which was this awesome bomber jacket (£56 down to £39.20) - I love it and I can't wait for a very cold winter's day. 





We went on a date night to Gunwharf for a meal at Jamie's Italian and we also saw The Purge Election Year. We went a little early for a quick look around to which I did end up spending money. My account took a hit in the FCUK outlet where I picked up this gorgeous blue cropped shirt (£24). I love the fabric it's my favourite kind when it comes to shirts. I also picked up this beautiful jumper (£44). I love the high neck and the cutout sides which make it look so much more dressier. The colour is perfect too because I'd been after a cream knitted jumper.




I made one of my favourite kind of purchase next which is books! I love to read so much and getting lost in a story is one of my favourite ways to relax. Amazon had a promotion going buy 3 books for £10 so of course I made use of it but I also threw in another 2 books (£19.30 total).


One day after work I went up to the lingerie section because where I work they were having a 50% off for all staff members so I bought 3 pairs of Calvin Klein thongs (£11.50 x2 and £18) and a pair of CK leggings (£43) all at half price which was amazing! I think the total came to the full price cost of the leggings so I essentially got 3 pairs of pants for free.


We popped to Farnham one day so I could spend a £10 Elphicks voucher I had. I picked up the Clinique Pop Liquid Matt Lipcolour+Primer in the colour Cake Pop (£16 which I got for £6). We also went to boots where I picked up a Essie nailpolish in the colour 'Chinchilly' (£7.99). It's a beautiful grey colour perfect for this season!


During a day trip to London I picked up a lush khaki shirt from Zara. I've been after one for years and this one fit the bill perfectly - I especially love the fabric. 
Image 2 of MILITARY STYLE SHIRT from Zara

On a recent Asos purchase craze I stocked up on jeans! I live in jeans and I only own a few pairs, maybe 4-5 and I definitely needed a few more. I'm trying at the moment to stock up on all things missing from my wardrobe so when I own what I need I will no longer spend a lot of money on clothes (wishful thinking). I ended up ordering about 9 different pairs and ended up keeping 4. Now, one thing I was for sure missing was mom jeans. I ordered 2 of a similar pair in different colours. I also bought a pair of khaki jeans, and a new pair of ripped knee black jeans. I also threw in this cute white cropped top.

White Cropped Top £12










You win a good well done for making it this far.
Regards
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment